As a one-person business owner, you're always looking for ways to grow your business. You interact with your audience on social media, post regularly to your blog, and keep in touch with your readers via email. But how can you be sure that these efforts really help your business grow? It's time to stop getting new training and certifications all the time and start making decisions based on facts. In this blog post, we'll talk about the most important KPIs to track and the best ways to do so. We'll also give you a useful tool for tracking KPIs.
Why it's important to track KPIs right now:
Today's business world is very competitive, and making choices based on data is key to being successful. You need to know how well your marketing is working so you don't waste time and money on tactics that don't work. By keeping track of KPIs, you'll learn more about what's working and what isn't. This will help you improve your marketing strategies and grow your business more quickly. Also, the sooner you start tracking, the more historical data you'll have, which will help you spot trends and make more accurate estimates about your business's future.
- Website Traffic: You need to keep an eye on how many people visit your site to figure out how far your online profile reaches. Look at revenue sources like organic search, social media, referrals, and paid ads to find the best ones.
- Conversion Rate: Find out what percentage of people who visit your website do something you want them to do, like buy something or sign up for your mailing. By keeping track of conversion rates, you can see if your website and marketing methods are turning visitors into buyers.
- Cost per Acquisition (CPA): This metric shows how much it costs to bring in a new customer through marketing. A lower CPA means that marketing is working better and costing less.
- Email Open Rate: Email marketing is a powerful tool for people who run their own businesses alone. Keeping track of how many people open your emails lets you see how good your subject lines are and how well your emails reach the people you want to reach.
- Email Click-Through Rate: This KPI measures how many people who get your email click a link in it. If your click-through rate is high, it means that the content of your emails is interesting and useful to your readers.
Simplifying KPI Tracking:
To make keeping track of these KPIs easier, we've made an all-in-one KPI tracking worksheet that you can use all year. Enter your Google Analytics, email, and social media data into the spreadsheet, and it will figure out your KPIs for you.
<<BONUS: You can start making decisions based on facts by downloading our KPI Tracking Spreadsheet>>
Solo businesses must stop making decisions based on guesswork and start making decisions based on facts. By keeping an eye on the right KPIs, you can make sure that your marketing efforts are working and help your business grow. Use our KPI tracking spreadsheet to keep track of your progress and make smart choices about how to market your business. Don't forget that the key to success is knowing where to put your time and money. Data-driven insights will give you the information you need to do just that.
Ready to improve your marketing and grow your business?
We deliver valuable tips that you can use to improve your marketing and grow your business. From optimizing your website to leveraging social media and networking, our tips are actionable and designed to help you achieve long-term success.
Sign up now to start receiving our newsletter and take your business to the next level.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.